Fire Alarm System Inspection
Fire sprinklers and fire extinguishers are extremely important for keeping your building safe from fires, but when it comes to helping your employees evacuate swiftly and safely, nothing beats a well-maintained fire alarm system.
Keeping up with regular fire alarm inspections is the most important thing you can do to make sure your fire alarm is safe and operational at all times. If you own or manage a building in New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania or Northern Delaware and need your fire alarm system inspected, call our experts at Confires!
Fire Alarm System Services
To ensure their reliability, fire alarm systems must be inspected, tested, and maintained regularly. Confires will set up a service program for periodic testing, inspection, and maintenance that conforms to:
- NFPA code requirements
- Local authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs)
- System manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance requirements
Fire Alarm System Inspection Process
- Test the control panel functions to include the lamps and LED’s, check fuses, interface equipment and check the primary power.
- Test smoke detectors to verify the proper signal was received at the alarm panel.
- Test manual pull stations to verify proper alarm activation at the fire alarm control panel
- Test heat detectors to verify proper alarm activation at the fire alarm control panel.
- Test and inspect all audible and visual devices to ensure that they are unobstructed, proper lights activate and the sound level is above ambient noise levels.
- Random check of circuit supervision to ensure fire alarm panel detects an open circuit.
- Test and inspect stand-by batteries and auxiliary functions such as door release and damper release.
- Ensure functionality of battery charger
- If applicable, verify the central station monitoring company received the appropriate signals.
- Testing duct detectors and ensuring proper unit shutdown, if applicable.
- Check any auxiliary devices that may exist and are listed on the equipment list included in this contract (door holder release, dampers, etc).
- NFPA requires sensitivity testing of smoke detectors to be performed initially and every other year thereafter. This service is not included unless specifically stated and additional fees apply.
Fire Alarm System Maintenance
Fire alarm maintenance is extremely important. When properly maintained, your fire alarm system will provide early detection and warning to building occupants, helping to prevent disasters or fatalities from occurring.
At Confires, our fire alarm technicians will maintain, inspect, test, or repair any specific fire alarm components, notification appliances, initiating devices, interfaces, zones, or circuits necessary to accomplish the goal of meeting or exceeding building and fire codes, insurance company requirements, and any other applicable entities keeping your fire alarm system properly operating.
We make sure your fire alarm is fully functional, so it will perform properly when needed in a time of emergency or notify you of faulty devices in your building that may need repair.
We can inspect all brands of fire alarms, including: Notifier, Silent Knight, Simplex-Grinnell, Siemens, Fire-Lite, Kidde, Edwards/EST, Honeywell, and Napco.
Call Confires for Fire Alarm System Inspections
Confires has over 40 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants in New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires.
We take pride in our “customer first” reputation, and we will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Confires is that we are your single-source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, which include: commercial kitchen fire suppression, sprinkler systems, fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, and emergency exit lighting.
Contact us online or by phone at 888-228-0917 to schedule an appointment.
FAQs about Commercial Fire Alarm Inspections
How do you inspect a commercial fire alarm system?
The minimum requirements for testing, inspecting, and maintaining a commercial fire alarm system are set by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). In New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware, commercial businesses must adhere to these and other standards to receive and maintain their certificate of occupancy. The process includes testing the control panel functions, smoke detectors, manual pull stations, heat detectors, all audible and visual devices, standby batteries, the battery charger, duct detectors, remote annunciators, and alarm devices located in elevator shafts. We also check any auxiliary devices, ensure the fire alarm panel detects an open circuit, and clean all smoke detectors with nitrogen.
How often should a commercial fire alarm system be inspected and tested?
Different systems have different inspection requirements. The frequency of tests and inspections ranges from monthly to quarterly, semi-annually, and annually. We recommend that our New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware clients have their commercial fire alarm system tested and inspected at least once per year, along with any other inspection and testing the system manufacturer recommends.
How long do fire alarm testing and inspecting take to complete?
Our testing and inspection process meets or exceeds building and fire codes, insurance requirements, and other relevant local regulations and laws. Each test and inspection is designed to make sure your New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware commercial kitchen or other business’s fire alarm system is fully functional and will perform as needed in a time of emergency. How long the testing and inspection process takes depends on factors such as the size of your building or facility, the complexity of your alarm system, and how many devices need to be tested and inspected. Service times range from hours to days, but you can always depend on our technicians to do a thorough, unrushed, and efficient job.
Our Fire Protection Service Area
We service fire protection equipment for businesses throughout New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware.